Public Building 6-803, Area 4-4, Luneng Lingxiu City, Jinan, Shandong, China
Argon arc welding necessary tools are welding torch(or welding gun), its role is as follows: clamping tungsten pole; Conduction welding current; Output protective gas; Start or stop the working system of the machine.
High quality argon arc welding gun should be able to ensure that the gas is evenly emitted in laminar flow, with good airflow stiffness and strong anti-interference ability, and should have enough protection voltage to meet the requirements of welding process.
(1) According to different electrode categories, it can be divided into GTAW welding gun and FUSION GTAW welding gun.
(2) According to the operation mode, it can be divided into manual and automatic GTAW welding gun and semi-automatic and automatic fusing GTAW welding gun.
(3) According to the cooling mode, it can be divided into two categories: water-cooled and air-cooled argon welding gun.
The argon welding gun is composed of welding gun body, tungsten collet, collet sleeve, insulation cap and nozzle.
According to GB/T15579.7-2013 Arc Welding Equipment part 7 Torch (Gun), figure Argon welding torch technology-1 shows the model formulation and meaning of welding torch.
(1) The series welding gun adopts circulating water cooled conductive gun body and welding cable, which can increase the current density of conductive parts, reduce weight and reduce the volume of the welding gun, so the water-cooled series welding gun must have cooling water inlet and outlet pipes.
(2) The tungsten electrode is tightened by axial pressure. The electrode collet can be tightened or relaxed by rotating the electrode cap, so the tungsten electrode is easy to unload.
(3) Each welding gun has 2-3 tungsten chuck with different aperture, and tungsten rod with different diameter can be used to meet the needs of different welding current.
(4) Each welding gun has two caps of different height and length, which can be used for welding tungsten rods of different lengths (up to 160mm) and in different occasions.
(5) the air outlet is a circle of uniformly distributed radial or axial holes, so that the protective gas is sprayed to form a laminar flow, effectively protect the metal molten pool from oxidation.
(6) The welding torch handle is equipped with micro switch, button switch or boat switch, which can avoid excessive fatigue of the operator’s fingers and affect the welding quality due to errors.
(7) In order to ensure the safe and reliable use, it is necessary to ensure the smooth flow of cooling water, and connect cables and pipes.
Figure Argon welding torch technology-2 shows the appearance and structure of qS-85 °/250 water-cooled argon arc welding torch
The main technical data of the water-cooled argon arc welding gun are shown in Table Argon welding torch technology-1
1. The tungsten electrode; 2. Ceramic nozzle; 3. Flow guide; 4.8 Sealing ring; 5. The gun body; 6. Tungsten chuck; 7. Cap; 9 Boat switch; 10 binding wire; 11 hand; The plug; 13 Air intake hose; 14 water hose; 15 water-cooled cable pipe; 16 movable joint; 17 Water and electricity connection
(1) This series of welding gun is a kind of welding gun which takes away the heat of conductive parts by using the protection airflow directly. During the design, the current density of conductive parts is appropriately reduced, so there is no cooling system, so the weight of welding gun is relatively reduced, so it is especially suitable for anhydrous zone or the northern zone where water is easy to freeze.
(2) There is only one inlet pipe in the welding gun, which is wrapped with the cable, so the structure is simple and the line is convenient to take over.
(3) When using QQ type welding gun, overload should be avoided. The effective current should generally be selected in comparison with the load duration on the welding power supply.
(4) If the continuous use of large current welding, should be equipped with two welding gun rotation use, to prolong the life of the welding gun.
Figure Argon welding torch technology-3 shows the appearance and structure of the QQ-85°/150-1 gas cooled argon arc welding gun. The main technical data of the gas cooled argon arc welding gun are shown in Table Argon welding torch technology-2.
1 tungsten electrode; 2 ceramic nozzle; 3 the gun body; Four short cap; 5 hand; 6 cable; 7 gas switch handwheel; 8 ventilation joint; 9 Energized connector
The following factors should be considered when selecting welding gun: welding material, welding piece thickness, welding layer, welding current polarity connection method, rated welding current and tungsten electrode diameter, welding groove form welding speed, economy, etc. Table Argon welding torch technology-3 is the reference table for manual ARGON tungsten arc welding gun selection for stainless steel welding.